Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 2 people
Ingredients:1/2 cup arame 8 ounces tempeh 1/2 small onion, finely diced 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, 1 or 2 stalks 2 tablespoons tahini 1 tablespoon ginger juice 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Sea salt to taste
- Rinse arame and soak for 2 minutes.
- Place tempeh, onion and arame in a pot.
- Add water and bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done cooking drain any excess water through a strainer and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mash with fork.
- Add celery, tahini, ginger juice and lemon juice.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.
- For an extra kick, add 1/2 a diced pear and a few splashes of umeboshi vinegar.
- Use the mashed tempeh to make a sandwich on whole grain bread or use as a filling for a wrap by putting a scoop inside a collard leaf or sheet of nori and rolling it up.